1. Advocate representation and support at Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings and
Committee on Special Education (CSE) meetings.
2. Assistance with 504 plans: obtaining needed accommodations for students with disabilities and
parents with disabilities.
3. Family and individual counseling and informal guidance concerning parent rights under federal
and state special education laws, like IDEA.
4. Transition planning assistance.
5. Support groups for parents and guardians of children with disabilities.
Systemic change and community education initiatives include:
1. Parent educational seminars and workshops.
2. Disability awareness training in Rockland County public schools, geared towards elementary
through high school students.
3. Disability Awareness Day presentations for elementary school students.
4. Partnerships with community organizations that provide disability services to children to
educate parents about education services and resources available to them.
5. Capacity-building and resource development in the special education and transition planning